I’d been running in the park this morning and thinking “Jesus, I better get something up on that blog fairly quick”. May has been a relatively quiet blog month due to my attention being drawn to a number of other online projects but to round out the month and mark that fact that today is my 25th birthday, I’ve got one simply called 25 things.
Here are 25 “things” – moments, achievements, memories that jump out at me from over the years. They’re in no apparant
- Getting a bike for my fourth birthday.
- Learned to play piano.
- Learned to play guitar. Musical instruments offer so much creative freedom and release.
- Got involved in theatre (first production was a lead in a musical aged 15).
- Graduated college and collected my shiny 1.1 degree which still sits in the roll it came in.
- Started my own business. If it’s ever crossed your mind to do it, do it. I’ve learned some fantastic lessons and met some great clients over the past few years.
- Started a theatre company.
- Started KilkennyMusic.com (which has opened so many doors).
- Formed a band (and another. And another. And another).
- Heard my music played on the radio.
- Started podcasting.
- Started blogging and met all you mad, wonderful people.
- Traveled around Europe growing up.
- The fantastic relationship I’ve got with my family, however extended and scattered they become over the years.
- Put myself on the track to fitness in 2008… and it’s working.
- Traveled to America, Canada.
- Directed Cannibal! The Musical after waiting seven years to take it to the stage.
- Learning how to swim and subsequently bodyboard, surf and kayak – all three of which I need to do more often.
- Falling in love… and out of love.
- Skiing for the first time in Italy back in ’98.
- Rubbing raw chilis in my eyes (accidentally, I’d been cooking at the time) on that same skiing trip. When I reached for water I found neat vodka. You couldn’t script the comedy of mishaps that occurred that evening.
- Learned how to drive
- First road trip to Sligo on my own… great adventure
- Lahinch 2007 with the KKM crew and my brother (subsequently returning home looking like a lobster).
- 25 years living, working, eating, drinking and breathing in Kilkenny, home to some of the best people on the face of the planet!
Not quite a techy post but something a little light to round out the month. I’m off in search of some type of beer, possibly some form of comedy and a meet up with friends later.
Enjoy your bank holiday weekend.