Just take a moment to look at what makes the great Google tick!
- More thanfour billion Web pages, each an average of 10KB, all indexed and cached (copied).
- Up to 2,000 computers in a cluster. With over 30 clusters
- Over 60,000 computers! Yes 60,000 pc’s.
- 104 interface languages (how many can you name!).
- One petabyte of data in a cluster — so much that hard disk error rates of 10 to the power 15 begin to be a real problem if not planned for.
- Constant transfer rates of 60Gbps. (Gigabites per second)
- An expectation that sixty machines will fail every day.
- No complete system failure since February 2000.
Want to know what makes Google tick? Some pretty interesting stuff, a good read too! Check out the full article I found here tonight….
Ken.. PLEASE UPDATE SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO READ!!!
oh and visit my new blog.. seankk.blogspot.com
smart chap aren’t you….
was busy away from it at christmas setting up http://www.nflview.com and the fantasy football spinoff, http://fantasy.nflview.com.
getting back into the swing of things so now you’ve something to read again!