Got my copy of Smart Company in the post this morning… nice article by Tom Raftery across pages 26-27 arguing “that a blog can be used as a powerful commercial tool”. Reads well and should be a good source for companies who still rely on industry mail publications to find out whats going on in the world instead of reading blogs! Certainly worth the read if you’re in a company position where you either don’t know how a blog can be to your advantage, or if you need that little kick to send you in a blogging direction.
- Blogs are extremely cheap to setup and run
- Search engines love blogs
- Blogs convey authority
- Its good for knowledge management
- A company can get feedback – good and bad!
- A blog breeds openness
- A blog can put a human face on a company
Case in point… more companies need blogs and bloggers!
thanks for the kind words.