Ok, to start this little ’10 things’ series off, I’ve got ’10 great albums from 2006′. Now, there’s one or two that might actually be on the list from 2005 but I’ve played to death having discovered during 2006 (such as ‘Waltzing Alone’). I’ve included links where possible (non affiliate links) to buy the CDs.
- The Guggenheim Grotto – Waltzing Alone (2005)
- Bruce Springsteen – We Shall Overcome (Seger Sessions)
- Tool – 10000 Days
- Steel Pulse – Living Legacy (1999)
- Alanis Morissette – Jagged Little Pill Acoustic
- Sia – Colour The Small One (2004)
- Zero 7 – The Garden
- Rodrigo y Gabriela (Self titled)
- System Of A Down – Hypnotise (2005)
- Matisyahu – Youth
If anything, support an Irish act and get out and buy yourself a copy of ‘Waltzing Alone’ by The Guggenheim Grotto. I had the pleasure of seeing them twice this year through appearances with KilkennyMusic.com earlier in 2006 (May and August) and the lads are just after launching their album over in the US through UFO Records. If you’re interested, you’ll also catch a track from them on the first Sound System Podcast or you can download their debut EP (‘A Lifetime In Heat’) from their site.